In case you are going to renew your passport in Singapore (and unable to go to Johor Bahru to renew), you just take your Malaysia IC and your working permit/PR IC and their copies, and your going-to-be-expired passport. If you forgot to copy, the embassy has photocopy machine (not free though, and pray it is still working).
Embassy is opened from 8am. It is located near Tiong Bahru MRT with 25 minutes walking distance.
Form? Don't bother to get it from online. Once you reach at Embassy, you get the visitor card and you will be given the application form to fill up.
Once all documents are prepared (there is a officer near the photocopy machine will assist you, including asking you to remove the passport cover and plastic card), you fill up the form, then you go to counter no 10 to get the queue number. Then you just seat and wait your number to be called so you just hand over the document+passport to officer and let them process and have your thumbs scanned when asked. Officer will give you receipt (queue number) and tell the time to retrieve the passport. Last time I could get it at the same day but this time I have to wait three days to get it. I don't know reason, maybe I'm Sabahan.
After submitted, get back your ic and permit/ pr IC and wait to be called once more to take the photo for passport. For male you will be asked to wear the black coat, so if you want to be nice-looking in passport photo, please wear a shirt with tie. After photo is taken, you are free to go out until next appointment.
That's all I can share with you guys. Hope it can help.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment